|All members who currently volunteer and serve in the following capacities should cease to serve in these capacities until we settle our contract:
1. All members are to immediately stop all online training this includes vector/target solutions, saba/learning net, or any additional training platforms. Only do online mandatory “Big County” training, or training that is required to keep your licenses current like EMT and Paramedic. Also, if you are a probationary employee, do all online training requirements to complete your probationary period. If you have questions regarding online training, contact Director Tony Carcioppolo.
2. All volunteer committee work, including:
- Explorer Program Committee
- Fitness For Life Committee
- Foam Committee
- Hazardous Materials Committee
- Health and Safety Committee
- Metro Committee
- Recruitment Committee
- Bids and Transfers Committee
- Equipment Development
- EMS QI Committee
- Volunteer CERT Training
- Memorial Committee
- Workers Comp Labor Management Committee
- Recruit training staff--Captains, FFS and FFs (forcible entry, ventilation, auto extrication, burn cadre, EMT, etc.)
3. Cease participating in all forms of recruitment from booths at schools and events from the Long Beach Grand Prix, to Women’s recruitment, including The Women’s Fire Prep Academy, Military, Veteran, and Minority recruitment efforts. STOP helping the Department with its goals.
Continue with all work to finish our Engineers Practical Exam. All prospective Fire Fighter Specialists that are planning on taking the upcoming exam should still be practicing, and we support activities to ensure they have the time to prepare and be successful.
Probationary employees are exempt from the work to the rule in completing assignments, follow-ups and Probationary Fitness Tests if scheduled. These things are part of your probationary training and are mandatory to complete.
If any superior officer leans on you or orders you to do something, do it. Work now and immediately call the Union or e-mail us so we can go to work on the issue.